University personnel will be trained and prepared for possible emergency situations. Training will be completed within each department or unit. Personnel will be aware of the hazards and emergency procedures for their work area. This training will include the following types of information:
- The location(s) and contents of this Emergency Response Plan
- Familiarization with the types of hazardous materials located at the Agricultural Campus and their locations
- What information should be gathered and reported should an emergency occur
- Procedures for reporting an emergency
- Evacuation routes and meeting locations
All employees working in laboratories or other hazardous locations will receive instruction in these topics as part of their initial assignment. All other employees will be informed of the contents of this plan at the time of initial employment and periodically through the most appropriate method.